In his encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ, A man called Nicodemus learned a new phrase he could not comprehend. The phrase was “You must be born again.” This is contained in John 3:3(rephrased). This signifies second mandatory birth. It is also called “the New Birth”. Everybody must have this experience against all odds. It guarantees new life in the Creator.
The first physical birth commonly understood is of the flesh. On the other hand, the new birth has to do with the spirit. Each of these has its own recognized features. Let us mention three of such features.
1.The first birth has its origin from the earth, that is below while the spiritual birth is from above.
2. The first birth is saturated with sin. The Psalmist puts it thus,
“Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.” Psalm 51:5.
3. The first birth tilts towards death but the new spiritual birth assures life. The Scriptures say, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans 6:23.
It is sad to note that being a Christian has been narrowed down by many to becoming a member of a denomination and working for Christ. They love to follow Christ with their old nature. This ought not be so. This is not what Jesus wants. He wants His followers to put on a new nature that takes after God, the Creator, who is one with Jesus Christ. Let us mention three evidences of such nature:
1. Love. Whoever had experienced the new birth will know how to love others. He will love God with the whole of his heart, soul, mind and strength. He will in turn love himself as an image of God. Then he will love his neighbors as much as he loves himself. Read the Gospel of Jesus as recorded in Mark 13:30-31. Apostle John exhorts, “Beloved,, let us love one another for love is of God
and everyone who loves is born of God, for God is love.” 1 John 4:7-8.
2. Righteousness. The new birth makes righteousness manifest in the life of anyone who experiences the new birth. It will become his watchword. This identifies him as being born of God.. God is a Righteous One. Apostle John, the beloved, declares,
“If you know that He is Righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” 1 John 2:29.
To practice righteousness is to hate evil in all ramifications.
3. Faith. Where do you place your faith? This will strongly point to your having experienced the second birth. There is no other name(s) under heaven whereby mankind can be saved except the name of Jesus Christ.
The same John reveals, “Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves Him who is begotten of Him.” 1 John 5:1.
No one can claim to love God when he hates Jesus Christ. If you love God and Jesus, you will obey all His commandments. Only then can you overcome the world system.
The question now arises, “Have you experienced the second birth?” it is not only necessary but mandatory if you want to see and enter the kingdom of God. Be born again today! Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, love Him, love your fellow man and live righteously to show you are now a child of God by obeying all His instructions.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.